A brand is a reputation of a company or individual in its customers or audiences minds.
A brand element - name, symbol, image,
position, mission, statement, etc..., makes a company different from its competitors and helps to build a strong and loyal customer base. Branding is reputation.
Benifits of Branding -
1. Branding gets recognition 2. Increases value of a company 3. Helps you stand out of the competition 4. Create a strong and loyal customer base 5. Improve employee's pride and satisfaction 6. Branding supports advertising and sales
Advertising is a set of marketing communication activities used for communicating information about products, services, and ideas through various marketing channels or media. Advertisement is paid marketing tactics to promote product and services.
3 Types of advertising methods
1. ATL - Above the line Television, newspaper, outdoor, radio, etc.
2.BTL - Below the line Pamphlet distribution, trade shows, telemarketing, etc.
3. Digital activities Emailing, SMS, google ads, Facebook ads, lead generation, brand awareness, etc.
Promotion is an element of the marketing mix. Promotion is any type of marketing communication used to inform about products, brands, services, and issues to its targeting audience.
The aim of promotion is to increase awareness, develop interest, get sales, and create brand loyalty.
A blend of promotional activities is promotion mix.
Promotion activities -
2. Personal selling
3. Sales promotion - offers, coupons, etc.
4. Direct marketing
5. Public relation and publicity
6. Event / Exhibitions / trade shows
4 P's in marketing mix
Product, price, promotion, place
Varity Quantity Design Features Brand name Packaging Sizes Services Warranties Returns
List price Discounts Allowances Payment period Credit terms
Sales promotion Advertising Sales force Public relations (PR) Direct marketing
Channels Discounts Assortments Locations Inventory Transport
Publicity is putting your business in front of the public and media outlets, so you can showcase your products, services, and brand.
Methods to generate publicity -
1. Public speeches
2. Giving interviews
3. Conducting seminars
4. Give charitable donations
5. Inaugrating events by film stars, politicians, famous personalities etc and attract media to publish the news
6. Highlight the company's achievements 7.Highlight the company's social activities for public interest
8. Use social media for free
PR is the best way to protect and enhance the reputation of any particular organization or firm. A company's survival and growth depend on its reputation in the market.
PR is the best practice of maintaining a healthy and positive relationship between organizations and its public, employees, financial partners, marketers, etc.
How to do a company's PR -
PR strategizes -
1. Owned media -website, catalog, brochure, blogging, email newsletters, social media platforms, etc.
2. Paid media -search engine marketing, social media marketing, influencer marketing, newspaper ads, television ads, outdoor ads, etc.
3. Earned media -mentions in news and reviews, positive comments and reviews by customers in search engines and social media, organic traffic on the website, increase in followers on social media, get referrals and recommendations by clients.
In marketing personal selling is a method where marketers try to convince the prospect to buy a given product or service.
Features of personal selling -
1. It is a two-way communication.
2. In this buyer and seller communicate face to face
3. It is an oral communication
4. Here marketers can get immediate feedback
5. It helps to develop a deep personal relationship as well apart from selling relationship with customers
Personal selling process -
1. Prospecting and evaluating
3. Approach and presentation
4. Overcoming objections
5. Closing and sale
6. Follow up
Digital marketing is all about promoting a product or service, individual, or brand (business) using online digital channels like websites, blogs, search engines, social media platforms, video marketing, mobile marketing, email marketing ,etc